Janus Signs Inc dba FASTSIGNS is located in Dallas and is the largest FASTSIGNS franchise in Texas and has been among the top 5 largest FASTSIGNS worldwide for the last 4 years. Janus Signs has shown year on year growth since its inception in 2009 and its success is driven by a strong outside sales team.
Production Specialists work in a dynamic, creative and fast-paced environment to create and assemble sign and graphic products for many different business applications. Creative work is performed within the FASTSIGNS Center sign production area that is fully equipped with top-of-the-line sign-making equipment.
Position requirements include cutting printed graphics using a variety of wall cutters, saws, and Exacto blades, as well as applying the product to substrates. The Production Specialist may be required to work in the field performing installations to vehicles, and building interiors and exteriors using a ladder or mechanical lift system. Careful attention to detail utilizing work orders that outline specifics for each custom order is paramount.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with problem-solving skills who pays very close attention to accuracy and detail. Comprehensive training in all aspects of this position will be provided. If this describes you, we encourage you to apply!
- Follow a layout to place computer-generated vinyl or full color graphic image(s) on a predetermined substrate or
- Accurately prepare substrates for vinyl application. This may include cutting, painting, laminating, cleaning and maintaining the substrates for vinyl
- Weed excess vinyl from computer cut Weeding techniques vary with size, type of vinyl and complexity of image.SignProduction Specialismust know how and when to use each technique.
- Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-construction by accurately reading and interpreting a Work Order and then proofing for errors or unacceptable standards (bubbles, ragged edges, loose seams).
- Perform finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed
- Thread laminating or encapsulating material into machine, set temperature, pressure, and side guides for proper feeding of
- Operate the laminator maintaining proper fit and settings, and feed material into
- Communicate with other employees and customers in a calm and professional manner; express self verbally and listen well.
- Keep the production area neat, clean
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Some independent travel may be required.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back and forth hand motion to apply vinyl letters and graphics
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more
- Ability to work under pressure to output high volume, high quality
- Ability to use light power tools
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY
- No supervisory
- Reports directly to production/center manager or owner/franchisee.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Compensation is hourly based on experience
- Year End Performance based Bonus
- Health Insurance with company contribution
- 401K participation with company contribution
Job Type: Full-time
At FASTSIGNS, every day is unique and presents exciting opportunities, including new ways to use your talent and grow your skills. We have a large network of independently owned locations - both locally and internationally - who offer competitive pay and ongoing training opportunities.
Are you ready to have more? More passion….more rewards...more than a job?
Then learn more by exploring the positions offered by FASTSIGNS centers.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to FASTSIGNS Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)