Janus Signs Inc dba FASTSIGNS is located in Dallas and is the largest FASTSIGNS franchise in Texas and has been among the top 5 largest FASTSIGNS worldwide for the last 4 years. Janus Signs has shown year on year growth since its inception in 2009 and its success is driven by a strong outside sales team.
The production specialist must be skilled in wrapping vehicles with 3M Controltac or comparable Vinyl as well as proficient in all aspects of the physical construction of signs . The specialist is responsible for assembling signs from computer cut vinyl (cut vinyl output and / or EDGE output) as well as from wide format full color printouts (aqueous and/or solvent prints) and various substrates. Sign assembly includes correctly preparing substrates and applying vinyl according to written instructions. The SignProduction Specialist must also mount and/or laminate printed graphics and is responsible for operating and setting-up a laminator for over-laminating, encapsulation, or mounting of printed products.SignProduction Specialist must also proofread, conduct quality assurance and follow best practice efficiencies to ensure the highest quality product for customers.
- Be skilled at wrapping Vehicles with 3M Controltac or comparable Vinyl
- Follow a layout to place computer-generated vinyl or full color graphic image(s) on a predetermined substrate or
- Accurately prepare substrates for vinyl application. This may include cutting, painting, laminating, cleaning and maintaining the substrates for vinyl
- Weed excess vinyl from computer cut Weeding techniques vary with size, type of vinyl and complexity of image.SignProduction Specialismust know how and when to use each technique.
- Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-construction by accurately reading and interpreting a Work Order and then proofing for errors or unacceptable standards (bubbles, ragged edges, loose seams).
- Perform finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed
- Thread laminating or encapsulating material into machine, set temperature, pressure, and side guides for proper feeding of
- Operate the laminator maintaining proper fit and settings, and feed material into
- Communicate with other employees and customers in a calm and professional manner; express self verbally and listen well.
- Report inventory levels and stock to be reordered to the
- Help unload and store raw materials; clean and maintain storage
- Maintain production rate consistency
- Work on different projects
- Run proof sheet and secure approval for production run from
- Perform routine machine maintenance and minor repairs when
- Keep the production area neat, clean and
Education/Experience:Any combination of education, training or general experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge base sufficient for job performance. This could include:
- Sufficient formal or informal education to assure the ability to use simple math (adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing whole numbers and fractions, as well as converting fractions to decimals and vice versa).
- Previous experience as a sign
- Pass all assessments/inventories administered during the hiring
Knowledge:Correct English language usage including spelling, grammar and punctuation; ability to proofread; interpreting a ruler; using a calculator.
Skills:Weeding and taping; aligning vinyl on a substrate; using a squeegee; operating light, but potentially dangerous power equipment; working with solvent or wide format printers; cutting substrates and sign finishing.
Desirable Qualifications/Traits:Easy-going, adaptable personality; positive “get it done” attitude; flexibility to work (and be compensated for) occasional overtime; ability to work at a fast pace; an eye for color and design.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Some independent travel may be required.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 or more
- Flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back and forth hand motion to apply vinyl letters and graphics to a
- Ability to work under pressure to output high volume, high quality
- Ability to use light power
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY
- No supervisory
- Reports directly to production/center manager or owner/franchisee.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Compensation is hourly based on experience
- Year End Performance based Bonus
- Health Insurance with company contribution
- 401K participation with company contribution
Job Type: Full-time
At FASTSIGNS, every day is unique and presents exciting opportunities, including new ways to use your talent and grow your skills. We have a large network of independently owned locations - both locally and internationally - who offer competitive pay and ongoing training opportunities.
Are you ready to have more? More passion….more rewards...more than a job?
Then learn more by exploring the positions offered by FASTSIGNS centers.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to FASTSIGNS Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)