Are you highly motivated, detail oriented, and creative? Are you up for a challenge, eager to learn, and looking to join an established and fast-growing company? If so, we’re looking for talented and inspired candidates who are focused on teamwork, task completion, and customer satisfaction. If you are looking for a rewarding career, not just another job, then come join our team as a Production Specialist!
As a Production Specialist, you will be responsible for all aspects of the physical production of signs and printing, which includes preparing substrates and applying vinyl according to written instructions and under general direction. You must also mount and/or laminate prints, proofread signs and printing, and conduct quality assurance to ensure the efficient production of quality, accurate signs and printing. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated team player who can work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and who is determined to make every project his or her absolute best.
This position is a full-time Monday through Friday designing, crafting, maintaining and installing the nicest signs in the region with our roll to roll printer, plotter, laminator, power tools, hand tools, computer graphics, plotter, paint and other print and bindery equipment. Experience with Adobe Illustrator or Indesign and vinyl cutting software is a plus. This job includes managing projects and materials in the shop smoothly and efficiently, and is the lead in quality control, workflow management and production. In addition, this position can serve as the client interface to consult with clients and design signage solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Professional, upbeat, positive attitude.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Keen multi-tasking abilities.
- Desire and ability to learn and grow
- Ability to work independently and as an integral team member.
- Ability to build and maintain professional customer relationships.
- Expertise in Routing and/or sandblasting a plus
- Expertise in the following software applications a plus:
- Adobe Photoshop
- G-Suite (Drive, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc)
Sign and Print Production
- Follows a layout to place computer-generated vinyl or full color graphic images on a predetermined substrate or medium
- Prepares substrates for application, which may include cutting, painting, laminating, cleaning, and maintaining the substrates for vinyl application
- Weeds excess vinyl from computer cut images
- Performs quality assurance measures pre- and post-production
- Performs finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed pieces
- Reports inventory levels and stock to be reordered to the owner
- Helps unload raw materials and cleans and maintains storage areas
- Works on different projects simultaneously
- Performs routine machine maintenance and minor repairs when necessary
- Establishes and maintains effective team relationships with all support departments
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
- Serves as back up for the graphic designer as necessary
- Help and participate in all other production aspects of the company
- Cross train on all shop equipment for signs, printing, bindery, and mailing
- High school diploma or GED required; advanced education degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers and fractions and converting fractions to decimals and vice versa)
- Able to work well under pressure to output high volume, high quality work
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 or more pounds
- Must have the flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back forth hand motions to apply vinyl letters and graphics to a substrate
- Able to use light power equipment
- Operate and maintain computers and vinyl plotters
- Operate and maintain power tools (saws, drills, sanders, planers, etc)
- Operate and maintain service & installation
- Operate other printing and bindery equipment for printing in the shop
- Maintain superior quality on all individual work.
- Work with team members to ensure superior quality on all jobs produced.
- Monitor substrate and media to maintain just-in-time inventory reporting needed items to owner
- Maintain accurate records for material identification and usage
- Participate and even lead daily production meetings.
- Manage workflow of jobs as necessary to meet due dates.
- Maintain clean and organized work areas.
- Keep work zone tidy and clutter free.
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
At FASTSIGNS, every day is unique and presents exciting opportunities, including new ways to use your talent and grow your skills. We have a large network of independently owned locations - both locally and internationally - who offer competitive pay and ongoing training opportunities.
Are you ready to have more? More passion….more rewards...more than a job?
Then learn more by exploring the positions offered by FASTSIGNS centers.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to FASTSIGNS Corporate.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)