Under the guidance of the Franchisee or Center Manager, the Production Manager performs a wide range of duties related to the physical production of signs including production and installation scheduling, project planning, inventory management, quality assurance and department personnel supervision.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in the signage or associated industry
- Management / Supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of sign industry substrates, media, products
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Professional, upbeat, positive attitude.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Keen multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral team member.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a diverse customer base.
Expertise in the following software applications a plus
· Adobe Illustrator – current cloud version
· Adobe Photoshop - current cloud version
· Adobe Acrobat Professional - current cloud version
· G-Suite, Gmail
· Wide Format printing and Onyx RIP
· Flat bed printing
· Expertise in color management concepts and procedures a plus
1. Prioritize workflow; communicate to production staff daily; supervise the production process.
2. Schedule production board and installation schedule daily.
3. Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-construction.
4. Communicate with other employees and customers in a calm and professional manner; handle production related employee issues.
5. Manage the inventory purchasing and storage process.
6. Multi-task—work on different projects simultaneously.
7. Supervise and/or perform basic and/or more advanced installations.
8. Keep the production area neat, clean and organized.
9. Assess and maintain current technology; work with franchisee to investigate and potentially introduce new technology and equipment to staff.
10. Train employees on equipment, tools and efficiency-building methods.
11. Serve as a backup for overflow production needs.
12. Serve as backup in answering the phone and assisting at front counter if the franchisee, center manager and sales/service employees are not available.
13. Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed.
14. Communicate with other employees regarding timing, extra charges, errors to enable them to keep customer advised of situations.
15. Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
16. Participate in and practice the brand mentality of “Everybody Sells”. Constantly be looking for sales opportunities for the center.
17. Understand the sales process enough to consult with customers to determine project needs and solutions
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be added at any time with or without notice.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
1. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
2. Ability to lift 50 or more pounds.
3. Flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back and forth hand motion to apply vinyl letters and graphics to a substrate.
4. Ability to work under pressure to output high volume, high-quality work.
5. Ability to use sign making equipment.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY
1. Management of day to day production operations with supervisory duties of employees.
2. Reports directly to center manager or franchisee.
At FASTSIGNS, every day is unique and presents exciting opportunities, including new ways to use your talent and grow your skills. We have a large network of independently owned locations - both locally and internationally - who offer competitive pay and ongoing training opportunities.
Are you ready to have more? More passion….more rewards...more than a job?
Then learn more by exploring the positions offered by FASTSIGNS centers.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to FASTSIGNS Corporate.